After four years of study with the painter Ted Seth Jacobs, I understood the work of light on form, as analyzed by the Ancients. Thanks to the painter Claude Yvel, I got to know the products, the pigments of yesteryear. I paint in the vein of trompe l'oeil and hyperrealism.
The technique I use is very traditional: I paint with oil, I grind my pigments, and I use mediums of my own making. I start from a very traditional charcoal drawing.
precise, by successive layers of paint, bound together, to finish with very transparent glazes.
Intimately linked to the world around me and legatee of an ancient and perfect technique, I am constantly torn between the desire to describe the beauty of what surrounds us, and the will to express ideas, dreams, aspirations. I try to link the two: so I use a lot of poetry or allegories to sublimate what I represent.
- 2020 - Exposition personnelle au Château de Boen sur Lignon
- 2019 - Exposition au Musée de la ville de Neuenstadt (Allemagne)
- 2017 - Expositions à Pont-de-Chéruy, à Lavalleix-les-Mines, à Neuenstadt.
- 2016 - Prix Safadore au MONT-DORE et Prix du Salon de VITTEL.
- 2015 - Médaille d’argent au Grand Palais - PARIS.
- 2013 - Exposition au Musée du Trompe-l’oeil - GENEVE.
- 2013 - Le Wagon de Dali au Grand Palais - PARIS.